This magnificent Domus or stone fort house was built in the eleventh century, in the valley of Les Lloses 14 km from Ripoll. In the countryside surrounded by ancient trees, stands at about 1,000 meters high on the hill of a property of 165 acres of woodlands, meadows and forests.
The house preserves its original stone structure with arches and vaults in the Romanesque style and large gardens.
The wonderful walks around the property are a great attraction to enjoy the aromas, sounds and smells of the different seasons and the mountains in their entire splendor. In summer, enjoy refreshing dips in the new swimming pool with wonderful views of the valley.
Inside the house, recently restored, the atmosphere is quiet and cozy, thanks to a warm and welcoming decor. From the dining room you can enjoy the spectacular views of the valley and the mountains. It’s a space that encourages a dialogue with nature.
A BIT OF HISTORY
The documentation talks about the first habitants of the Domus. In 1173 appears the first representative of the family, Bernat of Maçanós. In 1285 appears Ramón de Maçanós, judge from Matamala. The seigniory had numerous properties for which residents paid an annual census of species such as corn, meat, cheese, etc ... Since there’s registration evidence, the house belongs to the Casanova family, descendants of the Honorable Rafael de Casanova.
THE HOUSE DISPOSES:
• Two living rooms with big fire place,
• One dining room with wonderful views over the mountains, for hotel customers, familiar celebrations, companies, etc.
• Rooms: There are 7 rooms with capacity for 18 people. They all have private bathroom and heating: 1 suite junior with fire place and bathroom, 2 double rooms with bathroom + 2 rooms’ child / adult contiguous, 1duplex of 2 double rooms with bathroom + one extra bed if necessary, 1 double room with bathroom and fireplace plus a hillock child/ adults.
• Local cuisine: breakfast, lunch and dinner in the most traditional Catalan cuisine style dishes prepared by Mrs. Isabel, as veal with mushrooms or chiken with prunes, duck with pears, the traditional “escudella or the trinxat” ( difficult to translate, it must be tasted to discover what it is). Special menus can be ordered in advance. Customers can purchase natural products, such as yogurt, cheese, and other milk derivates from the neighbor farm Mas Lladré.
• Domus de Maçanós can be wholly rented for groups, families and company meetings.
• Swimming pool